Browse the Web, check email, share photos, keep up with social networks, listen to music and enjoy a variety of entertainment with the Aspire One AOD250, which features a small compact design that you can take anywhere. Acer makes it easy to stay productive while on the go with the 10.1-inch CrystalBrite LED-backlit screen as well as its excellent near full-size keyboard. A great choice for students as well as business travelers who like to travel light, this Aspire One AOD250 model (AOD250-1070) in red has a 6-cell battery that provides up to 9 hours of battery life on the go and weighs 2.79 pounds.
You’ll be able to easily video chat wherever you roam thanks to the Crystal Eye webcam integrated into the LCD’s bezel, delivering smooth video streaming and high quality images even in low-light situations. And the built-in digital microphone delivers superior voice quality keeping background noise level low and minimizing echoes. Pinch, flick and swirl your fingers on the multi-gesture touchpad for an intuitive navigation to view web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
It’s powered by the 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor, which is designed especially for mobile devices using an innovative design structure and hafnium-infused circuitry to reduce electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy. Packed with roomy 160 GB hard drive–great for storing a mobile digital audio and video library–this Aspire One also features 1 GB of installed RAM (2 GB maximum), 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity, multi-format memory card reader, multiple USB ports, and built-in email, web browsing, and digital media applications.
It comes preinstalled with the Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system, which offers more experienced users an enhanced and innovative experience that incorporates Windows Live features like Windows Live Messenger for instant messaging and Windows Live Mail for consolidated email accounts on your desktop.
- 1.66GHz Intel N280 Atom Processor
- 1024MB DDR2 SDRAM Single Channel Memory
- 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM), 802.11b/g Wi-Fi Certified
- 10.1″ WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite LED Display, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- Windows XP Home (SP3), 6-Cell Li-ion Battery (5800 mAh)
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 10.2 x 1 inches ; 2.8 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5.2 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B002P8M6NE
- Item model number: AOD250-1070
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile
- Up to 9 hours of battery life with included 6-cell battery
- Multi-gesture Touchpad for circular-motion scrolling, pinch-action zoom, and page flip
- 160 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM (533 MHz; 2 GB maximum capacity)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 video processor
- Crystal Eye webcam supports Acer PrimaLite technology, which consists of a premium sensor, firmware and lenses to provide superior video performance under low-light conditions. A built-in digital microphone helps keep background noise levels low and minimizes echoes.
- 84-key keyboard, 89 percent of standard-size with 12 function keys, WLAN switch
- 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- VGA video output
- Stereo speakers and optimized Dolby Headphone technology for 5.1-channel audio
- Microsoft Window XP Home operating system (SP3)
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- Dimensions: 10.17 x 7.24 x 1 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.79 pounds
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor limited warranty with concurrent International Traveler’s Warranty
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This Acer Aspire One notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN (Acer InviLink) that’s compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks and offers Acer’s SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency. It also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals–from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO or xD-Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
What’s in the Box
This package contains the Acer Aspire One AOD250-1070 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions
It also comes with the following software: McAfee Internet Security Suite (trial version with 60 days of live update); Microsoft Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial; Google Desktop; Carbonite Online Backup; Customized Windows Internet Explorer 7.0; Acer GridVista